ant-user mailing list archives

From Alexey Solofnenko <A.Solofne...@mdl.com>
Subject RE: Working around jikes bug in large projects
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2002 18:43:48 GMT
Are you sure, that javac correctly tracks classpath/library changes? I had a
few encounters that I can explain only by javac not checking that files on
classpath were changed. We perform clean before javac if it happens.

- Alexey.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominique Devienne [mailto:DDevienne@lgc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2002 11:38 AM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: Working around jikes bug in large projects

Nope! Just put the source for the different modules in separate source
directories, so Javac can only find classes this module depends on thanks to
the classpath, and not through any sourcepath, and make sure to use a clean
classpath. You do not need to humongous single <javac> to ensure correct
dependencies!!! --DD