ant-user mailing list archives

From "Smith, Michael S" <michael_s_sm...@groton.pfizer.com>
Subject Jar update task different in Ant 1.5?
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 18:58:27 GMT
The Ant jar task with update="true" seems to behave differently since
version 1.5.

In Ant 1.4 we were able to jar an archive, then update the jar, adding
classes and metadata config files.

This does not work in 1.5 since the timestamp of the jar is newer than the
files we wish to add to the jar. Ant in verbose mode says "... class
ommitted since jar is up to date". This occurs even if the class we want to
add is not already resident in the jar.

My questions: why doesn't Ant 1.5 + allow us to update jars in this way? We
have tried this in the 1.6 beta and seen the same behavior. It seems to me
the update should only fail if there is a class in the jar that is newer
than the class we are trying to add - not simply because the jar is newer
than the class we are trying to add. Is this a bug, or is there a reason I
am missing?

Mike

LEGAL NOTICE
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged. It
is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this E-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.
If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents of this E-mail or any
action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you
are not an addressee, please inform the sender immediately.