ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Adams" <DAd...@ignitesports.com>
Subject using property in target depends
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:31:30 GMT
Hi,
I was looking to control a project flow by putting in a property value dynamically into the
depends attribute of the target tag.

For example, I wanted to do the following:
	<target name="main" depends="${build.type}"/>

	<target name="dev" depends="prepare,compile,dist,javadocs,test.suite"/>

	<target name="test" depends="prepare,compile,test.suite"/>

	<target name="prod" depends="prepare,compile,test.suite,dist,javadocs"/>

where build.type would be either dev, test, or prod, defaulting to dev in a properties file
and configurable through the command line.

I run into a problem with this, but it is not clear to me what the issue is. When running,
I receive:
Target `${build.type}' does not exist in this project. It is used from target `main'.

I feel that I am missing something fundamental here....

Thanks.

David Adams
Ignite Sports (www.ignitesports.com)
Voice: 773.293.4300