ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: have a $ in my file name string
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 17:00:54 GMT
You must be using Ant 1.4.1, as in 1.5 the single $ sign would have been
left alone. In both version, all '$$' are replaced with '$', and in 1.5, $'s
are left alone, unless they come before {, as in ${varname}, and varname is
not a current known Ant property. --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoff Meakin [mailto:geoffm@isocra.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 10:10 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: have a $ in my file name string

try $$

Cheers
-Geoff

-----Original Message-----
From: Curley, John [mailto:John_Curley@tvratings.com]
Sent: 07 August 2002 04:04 PM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: have a $ in my file name string

Hi,

I'm trying to include a class file in my jar that has a '$' character
in its name.

<jar jarfile="dist/NotificationManagerClient.jar">
  <fileset dir="build">
    <include
name="com/nielsenmedia/ntarget/data/NotificationRecord$Action.class"/>
  </fileset>
</jar>

The jar will include every file except the one with the '$' character.

I tried to escape the character

<include
name="com/nielsenmedia/ntarget/data/NotificationRecord\$Action.class"/>

but this didn't work.

Does anyone know how I can get this file included?

Thanks,
John Curley