ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bob Hays, Computer Geek" <electric...@telocity.com>
Subject RE: Really puzzled
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 10:37:51 GMT
I just looked in my 1.4.1 installation and there is indeed a script called
"ant" in the bin directory.  However, you do need to put that directory onto
your PATH just like in Windows, just with a minor change of path separator
character (on UNIXen, use colon, not semicolon).

So, assuming you're using bash as your shell (most Linuxen seem to ship that
way today), you should do:

export PATH=${PATH}:{installation base directory}/bin
cd {directory with build.xml file}
ant

where {installation base directory} is where you installed ant and
{directory with build.xml file} is probably self-explanitory:-).

If that doesn't work, please drop back which version of ant you're using and
a "deep" directory listing of your installation (you can do

ls -r

I believe, to get a recursive listing - use

man ls

to get help with the directory command for linux).

Hope that helps.  Have fun! - Bob
--
Bob Hays                           "Discipline is never an end in
135 S. LaSalle                      itself, only a means to an end."
MS 3010                            -- King Crimson
Chicago, IL  60602                 "Whoever flees history will be
(312) 904-4668 (V)                  pursued by history."
(312) 904-0322 (F)                 -- Janusz Korczak
electricbob@telocity.com           "Faster! Faster! Until the thrill
http://alephnaught.net              of speed overcomes the fear of
                                    death."
"Nothing great was ever achieved   -- Hunter S. Thompson
 without enthusiasm."              "Security is very frequently the
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson              commencement of calamity."
"A common mistake that people       -- Paterculus
 make when trying to design        "Problems cannot be solved at the
 something foolproof is to          same level of awareness that
 underestimate the ingenuity        created them."
 of complete fools."               -- Albert Einstein
-- Douglas Adams                   "People will work for money, but
                                    they'll give a piece of their
                                    lives for meaning."
                                   -- Schwab's Dawn Lapore
                                   "Creativity is allowing oneself to