ant-user mailing list archives

From "Schaefer, Don" <don_schae...@xelus.com>
Subject RE: propertyfile task to calculate yesterday's date
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 21:11:04 GMT
I would guess that you have to clear it first.
Then set to today.
Then subtract one.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bwana McCall [mailto:bwanamccall@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2002 5:08 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: propertyfile task to calculate yesterday's date

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with the propertyfile task in that I'm trying to
calculate
yesterday's date.  I've used the example within the docs and I have a
situation
where my entry key for yesterday continues to move 1 day in the past.  For
instance,  I run ant with my build.xml and it updates my ${build_properties}
entry key of yesterday:

yesterday=08 Aug 2002 11\:20

The next time I run the file, it updates the entry again:

yesterday=07 Aug 2002 11\:20

Subsequent runs will keep decreasing this date.  How can I accomplish my
task
of storing yesterday relative to today upon each run?

Here is my propertyfile entry

    <propertyfile
       file="${build_properties}"
       comment="Release build properties" >
       <entry key="tstamp" type="date" value="now" pattern="dd MMM yyyy
hh:mm"/>
       <entry key="yesterday" type="date" pattern="dd MMM yyyy hh:mm"
operation="-" value="1" />
    </propertyfile>

Thanks.

=====