ant-user mailing list archives

From Ed Mack <...@wrq.com>
Subject RE: Mixing compilers
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 03:25:08 GMT
Thanks, Jacob.  I am forking because I was under the impression that I
could use a different JDK than was being used to run Ant this way.
I've got tools/jdk-1.1 and tools/jdk-1.2 directories.  I tried using
the "executable" attribute too but that just gives me a different
error.

I'll take a look at the release notes and fix the error.

When do you want to fork, in a javac task?

Thanks,
Ed

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacob Kjome [mailto:hoju@visi.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 8:04 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Mixing compilers

Yep,

Read the j2sdk1.4 release notes.  The one bit of backward compatibility
that they broke was in the assert syntax.   As far as the javac message,
why are you forking?  If you fork, you move into a separate JVM process
where, I imagine, the special Ant build.compiler "magic" properties don't
apply.  The fix?  Don't fork javac.

Jake