ant-user mailing list archives

From "Grinvald, Edward" <Edward.Grinv...@ca.com>
Subject RE: conditional copy
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 14:51:13 GMT
And ant doesn't provide anything that couldn't be done with shell scripts, so let's scrap it
altogether :)

Thank You,

Edward Grinvald
Computer Associates International
Programmer, Storage Development
Edward.Grinvald@ca.com
(631) 342 6350

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Benson [mailto:gudnabrsam@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 10:46 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: conditional copy

Even though "It makes build files clearer, easier to
understand, and remove the need for having so many
(private) targets with dependencies between them as a
direct consequence of the current only built-in scheme
to do conditional execution.", do these benefits not
amount to a convenience?  Like electric lights... I
could wait until morning and go outside to be able to
see things, or I could turn on the light if only it is
provided to me.  The light is much more convenient,
but other ways exist to see things!  Similarly, <if>
does not provide anything from a functional
perspective that cannot be accomplished some other way
in Ant (I don't think).

-Matt