ant-user mailing list archives

From Barry Lulas <Barry.Lu...@BristolWest.com>
Subject Questions on optional ant tasks, FTP and TELNET
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:01:54 GMT
I am trying to use some of the ant tasks in netcomponents.jar, specifically,
the telnet and ftp tasks.  I have a couple of questions:

FTP
---------------------
I have some .jar files in a temporary directory that I wish to FTP to a Unix
server.  However, I need to append a version string at the end of the
filename before the .jar extension when I ftp them up to the server.  The
nested mapper task is not supported by the ftp task, so I can't use that.
Anyone have any ideas?

TELNET
--------------------
First of all, when I run a simple task, I get an exception:

<telnet userid = "user" password = "password" server = "server">
  <write>cd /export/home/mylogin/lib</write>
  <write>stopservers</write>
  <write>ln -s target1 src1</write>
  <write>ln -s target2 src2</write>
  <write>startservers</write>
</telnet>

stopservers and startservers are scripts.  Basically, I am creating symbolic
links to the files I just ftp'd over.  When I run this task, I get the
following exception:

Build exception: C:\Projects\MyProject\scripts\build.xml:234:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

Line 234 is the line that contains the ftp task in the build.xml file.

Any ideas?