ant-user mailing list archives

From "Duffey, Kevin" <KDuf...@BUYMEDIA.com>
Subject RE: ANT on CD
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2002 22:54:23 GMT
Lucky you. I just started my company today. My sole product is a new
distributable Ant 1.4 and 1.5 on a CD with fancy label and all. My price
is $25,000,000 per copy, although if you buy two now, I'll bundle them
for $40,000,000 total. I figure my Ant bundle is worth a lot more than
the $25,000 they pay per toilet and $40,000 per 20" tube tv, so my price
seems fair for the govt.

You can email me on this group if you are interested in purchasing a
copy.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Kreider [mailto:bkreider@impactsci.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2002 3:28 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: ANT on CD

I have sort of a silly question for you.  I work for a government
contractor doing software development.  The government likes to use
software that is from "trusted" vendors.  So people like Sun, Microsoft,
etc have their pressed CDs that we can buy and the government trusts
that those CDs don't have viruses, Trojans, etc.  We have been using ANT
to build our projects, but we would like to use it at our customer's
sites as well. (We can't use the public web for security reasons...) To
do this, I would need to find a pressed CD of the software.  I know it
seems silly to want to pay for a free product, but the government is
picky about these things.  We had to do this with MySql as well.  So if
you could let me know if there are any vendors that actually sell a
pressed CD with ANT on it, that would be great.

Thank you for your time

Brian Kreider
Impact Science and Technology
720-304-9557