ant-user mailing list archives

From Brian Robinson <brian_robin...@harvard.edu>
Subject RE: Out of memory issues when compiling
Date Sun, 11 Aug 2002 11:59:03 GMT
I resolved my out of memory issue by adding "-Xmx256m" in the shell script
for ant when it is starting org.apache.tools.ant.Main:
    $JAVACMD -classpath "$LOCALCLASSPATH" -Dant.home="${ANT_HOME}"
$ANT_OPTS -Xmx256m org.apache.tools.ant.Main "$@"

The clue that there may be multiple copies of Ant on the machine (it gets
shipped with a lot of packages) was the clue in what you said that really
helped.  Thanks, Martin.  I hadn't been modifying the Ant shell script that
was actually running.

As an aside, Prasanna also recommended trying the
compiler="modern"  attribute in the javac tag.  I tried that and it didn't
work for me, either.  Although I bet it's supported in the jars mentioned
below.

I've got a solution that works, so I'm a movin' on.

Thanks for you help!

-brian