ant-user mailing list archives

From "Christian Holmqvist, IT, Posten" <christian.holmqv...@posten.se>
Subject Advanced usage of ANT / Patterns and how tos for ANT
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 09:07:53 GMT
Hi!

Is there any resources on the net (I know about the ANT book but have not
yet gotten it) that shows and talkes about the best practice for how to
design build environment with ant i large project (with a common framework
and several projects that is based on it.).

Topic like:
*common taskes (i.e. taskes that is used in several build.xml files)
*A single entrence point for all taskes (i.e. a wrapper for all subproject
build.xml files)
*patterns or how tos for checking build environment (i.e. compiler, os,
files and folders are in place)
*graceful error handling (i.e. how to handle build failures)

Well that (and proberbly others) are topics that I would like to read about.
Most of the item mentioned here is stuff that I know how to do but my
solutions seems big, hard to maintain and so on...

All information is apprichiated!

Thanks in advance!

/Christian Holmqvist