ant-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Kreider" <bkrei...@impactsci.com>
Subject RE: ANT on CD
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2002 23:13:05 GMT
Unfortunately making our own CD won't work.  According to the security
we have to go through to place a program on a secure machine, we have to
have the software from a trusted Vendor.  As an example, mySql we could
have downloaded and burned to a CD, but that wasn't good enough.  We had
to find a vendor that distributes it, such as Nusphere.  Don't ask me
why it has to be done like this, but it does.  I have said the same
thing that I'm sure every one of you is thinking while you're reading
this thread.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Loughran [mailto:steve_l@iseran.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2002 5:11 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: ANT on CD

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexey Solofnenko" <A.Solofnenko@mdl.com>
To: "'Ant Users List'" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2002 15:54

> It is called JBuilder 6.

or IntelliJ IDEA, which is a better value distro, IMO.

On the original posters needs - why not get the source from CVS, build
it
yourself and burn your own disk.

There will be no viruses because Java viruses are not out in the wild.
You
still have to worry about security of the content; even if there is
nothing
in CVS, there is still that famous hack Kernigan did to the Unix login
program by modifing the C compiler to place the back door in when login
got
rebuilt, and to replicate the back door insertion code when cc got
rebuilt.

you probably need to start by building jikes from C++ source using a
trusted
C++ compiler, then use that to build xerces and ant.