ant-user mailing list archives

From "Buonassisi, Vincent" <>
Subject RE: Fail task
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 19:49:13 GMT
that worked.  i did not know that you could nest the message.

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Holt []
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2002 2:28 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: Fail task

--- Dominique Devienne <> wrote:
> Better yet, use the platform independent one, i.e. ${line.separator}
> (that I personally usually alias to something shorter, like ${nl}.

Or you could just nest your message under <fail>, instead of trying to
stick it all in the 'message' attribute:

    <fail unless="user_validated">
    ERROR: Invalid user running this script =&gt; ${}
    The userid running this script must match the envirnoment variable,
    This environment variable is specified at the start of main in this
    <fail unless="rel_dir_validated">
    ERROR: Release already exists. Please remove directory: ${RELEASE_DIR}

(BTW: You might want to also consider changing that second <fail> to an
<echo> instead and using <input> to ask the user if they want to remove
${RELEASE_DIR}, and if they do, <delete> it for them and continue on,
rather than failing out, having them manually remove it, then running the
build again.)

Do You Yahoo!?
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>