ant-user mailing list archives

From "Buonassisi, Vincent" <vbuon...@sprintspectrum.com>
Subject RE: Fail task
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:02:50 GMT
Well, I do it as follow:

    <target name="validate_rel_dir">
        <available property="rel_dir_validated" file="${RELEASE_DIR}"
type="dir"/>
    </target>

    <target name="validate_user">
        <condition property="user_validated">
            <equals arg1="${APPL_USER_ID}" arg2="${user.name}"/>
        </condition>
    </target>

    <target name="validate" depends="validate_user, validate_rel_dir">
        <fail unless="user_validated" message="\tERROR: Invalid user running
this script => ${user.name}\n\t       The userid running this script must
match the envirnoment variable, APPL_USER_ID => ${APPL_USER_ID}\n\t
This environment variable is specified at the start of main in this
script"/>
        <fail unless="rel_dir_validated" message="\tERROR: Release already
exists, please remove directory first:   ${RELEASE_DIR}"/>
    </target>

If I did it the way you suggest then I would have to create a couple of more
tasks.  Which I could do.

Btw, instead of a series of <echo>s you could have:

<echo>
line1
line2
line3