ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: zipping a single file
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:54:41 GMT
Andrew van Renen wrote:
> 1. I obviously don't fully understand the 'includes' attribute: the
> manual says "...list of patterns of files" - does that mean then that it
> acts only as a filter and so requires further definitions with
> <include/exclude> elements?

includes/excludes attributes are merged together with the ones specified
by <include>/<exclude> elements.  They require no further definition,
and is a matter of preference to some extent or necessity if you're
using if/unless on the elements.

> 2. 'CVS version of Ant' - so not part of the 1.5 build then.  Is it
> going to be a part of the next release, or does this mean that there are
> all sorts bits and pieces that only (and forever) exist on SourceForge
> (so requiring a manual extraction and build to make use of them)?

Yes, it will be part of the next release version of Ant, but do not hold
your breath.  It was almost a year between the releases of Ant 1.4 and
Ant 1.5.  Most folks aren't quite as adventurous as me, but I run the
CVS version of Ant - but its not trivial to build a full-version of it
so be careful with the optional tasks which may or may not get compiled
into optional.jar depending on whether you have the dependencies available.

	Erik