ant-user mailing list archives

From "Wolfgang Schulz" <Wolfgang.Sch...@dat.de>
Subject javadoc - documenting classes that are not inside a pack
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2002 06:22:29 GMT
Hi List,

I'm relatively new to Ant and rightaway stumbled into a problem that
gives me a real headache. I've created a little project for Tomcat that
consits of some classes organized in packages and some classes
that are not.

Now I'm trying to get them all documented with javadoc like this:

  <javadoc sourcepath="src"
        destdir="${dist.home}/docs/api"
        packagenames="mypackage.*"
        sourcefiles="src/*">
    <classpath refid="compile.classpath"/>
  </javadoc>

When I run Ant using the javadoc-target, it reports some errors and
the javadoc-output is not as expected. When I remove the
"sourcefiles"-attribute, no errors are reported, but, of course, the
"packageless" classes are not included in the resulting
documentation.

I even tried to make a documentation that only consists of classes
not in packages, but this seemed to be impossible at all.

What's wrong? I'd appreciate every hint.

Used configuration is:
  JDK 1.4.0_01
  Ant 1.4.1
  OS: WinNT 4.0 SP6