ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Deriving from the MatchingTask
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 20:49:50 GMT
You get all that for free just as you've stated.

The only thing you need to provide is where to get the base directory
for the implicit fileset.  Have a look at any of the many tasks in Ant's
codebase that extends MatchingTask for examples.

The warning I'd give is that if you decide you want to support multiple
filesets that its best not to extend MatchingTask as that makes things
to kludgey and hacked, or so it feels to me.  For single-fileset tasks
its a good thing though.

	Erik