ant-user mailing list archives

From quikd...@metronet.com
Subject Re: Unsubscribing
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2002 02:16:10 GMT
Joel Rees wrote:

> Well, I just sent an unsubscribe request to

> and got back the confirmation notice with no problems whatsoever, in
> less than a minute.
>
> My mail client is nice enough to strip the "mailto:" protocol from the
> address when I double click, so I have no problems with that.
>
> BJ (quikdraw@metronet.com) says he tried stripping the protocol and
> checked the return address in the headers, so I guess he must be having
> other problems.
>
> Just my opinion, but it seems to me that putting the protocol in the
> links causes more trouble than it's worth. I haven't seen it in any
> lists I'm subscribed to except the jakarta lists. Do you have any idea
> why the protocol is there?

Joel,

What Email client are you using? I've tried IE 5, GroupWise 6, TWIG
and webmail (both Email clients) and even Netscape 4.5. All using the
same from Email, no Emails bounced, no replies, no response or
acknowledgment at all.

I just tried again and cut and paste the Email you unsubscribed from
above. You received an unsubscribed response in 1 minute. I've been
waiting 15 and still nothing.

Sorry to all those wading through this off topic issue. I've been using
UseNET and mail lists for over a decade now and this is the most
difficulty I've had. So this is rare, and I tried everything I could think
of before sinking to this post.

I'm hoping the previous email from Conor to apmail@apache.org will
remedy this situation.

Once again, sorry for the diversion to all Ant User list members.
BJ