ant-user mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: Cross Project Dependencies
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 17:37:34 GMT

Matt Benson wrote:
> The idea here may be to build several projects from
> the same build file without referencing each as a
> target within the build file.  This is definitely
> possible.  It may also be possible to make
> dependencies work as well; the easiest way to find out
> would probably be to try it.  As I recall some mention
> was made of listing the dependencies so that they
> could have the same targets invoked for them.  This
> brings to mind the extremely useful ant-contrib
> package at Sourceforge and its (my favorite) <foreach>
> task.  I think the hardest part here may be deciding
> how to store the dependencies for each subproject.
> Once you have that and can read them in you should be
> able to use foreach to invoke ant on your same
> buildfile...

I probably like repeating myself ;-) but it's what does, and defines all the descriptors.

I'm working on making it easy to use in,
which is Ant+embed proposal+antcontrib+additional build utils.

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>