ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Junit Task, VerifyError, Log4J LogManager
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:04:24 GMT

James Krygowski wrote:
> I checked the IDEA classpath and there are no other optional jars on it.  I
> also did a scan of the hard drive checking all jar files for occurences of
> EmailTask.  None were to be found.  This is the complete error message from
> the IDEA message tab:
>
> Detected Java version: 1.3 in: C:\java\javasoft\jdk1.3.1_02\jre
> Detected OS: Windows 2000
> java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
> org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/email/EmailTask, method: execute signature:
> ()V) Incompatible object argument for function call
> 	at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
> 	at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:120)
> 	at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.init(Project.java:178)
> 	at com.intellij.ant.AntMain.a(AntMain.java:315)
> 	at com.intellij.ant.AntMain.a(AntMain.java:277)
> 	at com.intellij.ant.AntMain.main(AntMain.java:139)
> java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
> org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/email/EmailTask, method: execute signature:
> ()V) Incompatible object argument for function call
> 	at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
> 	at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:120)
> 	at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.init(Project.java:178)
> 	at com.intellij.ant.AntMain.a(AntMain.java:315)
> 	at com.intellij.ant.AntMain.a(AntMain.java:277)
> 	at com.intellij.ant.AntMain.main(AntMain.java:139)
>
> Build completed with 2 errors

I'm at a loss on this one.

> Could one of these items be causing the problem?  Given the error message it
> appears that there are pieces of IDEA that have been built against earlier
> versions of the EmailTask.  Erik, are you running with a current options.jar
> or are you using an older one?

I'm running with a hot-off-the-press home-built version of Ant from CVS
HEAD (so 1.6alpha).  I upgrade it fairly frequently, and will again do
so this afternoon after I add a 'file' attribute to <fileset>  :)

Is the crash happening when you try to run a <mail> task?  Or just when
you try any build file?  Or when IDEA starts up?

	Erik