ant-user mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: DTDs, local and remote
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 14:32:06 GMT
Kyle Adams wrote:

> So what are your thoughts?  Is this a train wreck waiting to happen, or
> just
> another way to make our developers lives easier?

I always feel you should stick to the standard DTD references and not use
local copies. I think the ejbjar approach (mapping the descriptor to a local
resource) is a better approach. It keeps the mapping out of your source and
in your build environment.

By sticking to the correct descriptors, you won't have problems when your
code has to built in some other environment. Also, I guess there may be
issues with some tools that process the descriptors and attempt to recognize
the descriptor based on its DTD ref.

Conor