ant-user mailing list archives

From "Riffe, Melvin" <melvin.ri...@capitalone.com>
Subject RE: build xml?
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2002 15:14:15 GMT
>From the manual:
"When no arguments are specified, Ant looks for a build.xml file in the
current directory and, if found, uses that file as the build file and runs
the target specified in the default attribute of the <project> tag."

In the 'Running Ant' section...

You can also tell ant to use a different build file by using '-buildfile'

Example:
	ant -buildfile test-build.xml

HTH

Mel Riffe

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Egger [mailto:brian.egger@state.de.us]
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2002 11:05 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: build xml?

Ok I suppose this is probably a frequent newbie question. Which I am a
newbie to ant, but I try to run Ant on Win 2000. I have the classpath set
for the ant.jar and I also have it set for the xml-xxxx.jar. Ant I have the
path and all of the enviroment variables set to the correct paths. But when
I go to run ant, I receive an error upon entering the command "Buildfile:
build.xml does not exist; Bulid Failed" Where should I put the xml file or
what am I missing here.

btw, I did STFW and RTFM, but I saw no refernece to the bulid.xml

thanks
Brian Egger ,
brian.egger@state.de.us