ant-user mailing list archives

From Glenn Kidd <GK...@placeware.com>
Subject RE: directory name?
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 18:05:12 GMT
I apologize for not being clear, I don't want the full path, just the name of the current directory.

Glenn

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Holt [mailto:holtdl@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 11:01 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: directory name?

--- Ritesh Trivedi <ritesh@embracenetworks.com> wrote:
> You can use ${basedir} property anywhere in the Ant build file which can
> be set to the current directory since its one of the attributes in the
> project element.

Actually ${basedir} doesn't necessarily represent the current working
directory, since the build file can be run from a directory other than
${basedir} (eg., via the -find flag), or 'basedir' may be set to some
directory other than where the build file actually lives.

Use ${user.dir} to get the current working directory. Use <basename> to
get the last element in the path.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)