ant-user mailing list archives

From "Shackelford, John-Mason" <>
Subject RE: polymorphic data types as nested elements
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 20:05:31 GMT

Now that it is all sinking in it looks like I may not be able to decouple
the command processor task from the commands after all. If I use createXXX I
still need to create a concrete instance that has the getters and setters I
want Ant to populate, but I don't really want the command processor to know
anything more about the commands than the few methods their interface

Perhaps I need to use the DynamicConfigurator interface and then attempt to
instanciate AbstractCommand subclasses where the subclass name matches
nested element name. This is really what I was trying to do I just didn't
realize that the DynamicConfigurator was the right way to do it.

Thanks again for all of your time.

John-Mason Shackelford

Software Developer
NCS Pearson - Measurement Services