ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Using the script task
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 16:12:41 GMT
--- "Shah, Lokesh" <lokesh.shah@iona.com> wrote:
> I am using the script task to extract the name of a file from the
> path.

If you're running Ant1.5, you can use <basename> to do this, and avoid the
<script>.

> What if my project name has blank spaces in it e.g.
> <project default="doNightlyBuild" name="Project Name">

Never tried it -- but, again, if you're using Ant1.5, you can reference
"project", rather than having to reference the project's name.

> Also , what is the diference between setUserProperty(...) and
> setProperty(...)?

setUserProperty:
     * Sets a user property, which cannot be overwritten by
     * set/unset property calls. Any previous value is overwritten.
setProperty:
  * Sets a property. Any existing property of the same name
  * is overwritten, unless it is a user property.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)