ant-user mailing list archives

From Tyler <ty...@criticalpointsoftware.com>
Subject Re: ant-contrib: repeated task definition
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2002 22:24:21 GMT
On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 01:05:44PM -0700, Tyler wrote:
> Buildfile: build.xml
>
> extract:
> Trying to override old definition of task propertycopy
> Trying to override old definition of task foreach
> Trying to override old definition of task osfamily
> Trying to override old definition of task switch
> Trying to override old definition of task trycatch
> Trying to override old definition of task throw
> Trying to override old definition of task if

It looks like these were being caused by this:

>   <taskdef resource="net/sf/antcontrib/antcontrib.properties">
>     <classpath>
>       <pathelement location="/usr/share/java/ant-contrib-0.1.jar"/>
>     </classpath>
>   </taskdef>

The <classpath> declaration, which is suggested in the ant-contrib docs,
appears to be the culprit. When i looked further into how the Debian ant
package was configured and tossed my ant-contrib.jar into the
appropriate directory and thus didn't need the <classpath> declaration,
the "Trying to override..." messages went away.

So i guess this is another bug in ant-contrib -- either in the actual
functionality or at least in the docs. I'm still hoping for some insight
from this list as to where/to whom i should report these bugs.

tyler