ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: target ifTrue
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:15:38 GMT
--- Tibor  Strausz <Tibor.Strausz@tridion.com> wrote:
> and if i want to overwrite them in my.props
> the problem is when i use if in a target it only checks if the property
> exists so i can never overwirte it.

Sorry, I hadn't had my coffee before I answered that :) I should have
said, "So for those, have my.properties define an "include.<target_name>"
and 'if' on those in <target> (since the default is for them to not run --
iow, accommodate whatever the default is).

> Whay is it that there is not a <target ifTrue=${prop}> [...]

It should be available with Ant2. In the meantime, you can either have a
modified Target.java (I did for a long time, in order to allow if/unless
to do a test-for-equality), work around it with <condition>, or <script>,
or setting things up to not need it (like having a default).

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)