ant-user mailing list archives

From Rick Berman <noe...@yahoo.com>
Subject <javac> of single file via fully-qualified path name?
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2002 16:26:36 GMT
For various reasons, we would like to have a target in
our build that only builds a single java source file
whose name the fully-qualified path name for that file
and is provided via -Dvar command line argument.

Am I missing something (perhaps even something
obvious) when I can't find a way to give a
fully-qualified name to the "directory-based" <javac>
task?
For instance, given:

-Dfully.qualified.file=D:\a\b\src\dir\file.java

<property name="src.base.dir" location="D:\a\b\src"/>

How can I get the "dir\file.java" out of
${fully.qualified.file} to use in the includes
attribute of the <javac> task?  <basename> and
<dirname> work on the whole path but I need to subset
part of the path.

Or, should I be looking to solve this problem some
other way entirely?  I can run the java compiler via
<exec> but that seems to be swatting a fly with a
hammer.

Thanks,
  Rick