ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: How to get just the file/dir name from a FileSet item?
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 06:24:23 GMT
--- Chris Bailey <chris@codeintensity.com> wrote:
> Ah, perfect, <basename> was all I needed, not sure why I'd missed that
> scanning through the tasks, but thanks!  I knew this could be done
> easily.
>
> Note, I can't use a DirSet because ForEach doesn't support it, otherwise
> I would be.  Probably something that should be fixed...

Yeah, but <fileset> won't get you a set of directories -- it'll get you a
set of files. And <basename> will end up giving you the name of each file
in the fileset, not the last directory element (since you're not feeding
it a directory name, but rather, a filename). So I don't see how that's
going to do it for you. Seems to me you'd need to go through several
additional steps to get from a fileset to a list of base dir names to loop
through. (Then again, I'm sleep-deprived so maybe I'm just missing it, and
you're actually fine with using it.)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)