ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: how can i use a property to enable/disable a general target
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 21:30:43 GMT
Okay, I'm not sure what you're after.  Do you want to
check for the existence of different properties in one
run of Ant using only one target?  Or are you wanting
to re-check the same property over and over?  I had
the problem of getting the reset property warning when
the same target was invoked twice, so I did this:

<target name="init" unless="init.done">
  <!-- do some stuff -->
  <property name="init.done" value="true" />
</target>

This allowed me to execute only once, but would only
be good for checking the value of one property one
time and using the results throughout the Ant process.
 If you need to check multiple properties, the simple
way would be to use a target per each property,
although some dynamic way might be devised, quite
possibly involving <antcall>?  I dunno...

-Matt

=== message truncated ===