ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Can't get even the first thing to work
Date Sun, 11 Aug 2002 18:34:11 GMT
--- Carl Dreher <focusrsh@arn.net> wrote:
> For example, here is the project directory structure:
>
> MyProject
>  |--src
>    |--util
>    |--sql
[snip]
>      <javac srcdir="sql" destdir="${outputDir}">
>        <classpath refid="MyProject.path"/>
>      </javac>
[snip]
> The error reported is:
>
> compile:
>     [javac] D:\LSR\src\sql\SQLFormatter.java:4: package util does not
> exist
>     [javac] import util.*;

> Yet, I can do to the command line and type:
>   c:\MyProject\src> javac sql\SQLFormatter.java
> and it compiles fine.

But that's not the equivalent of you have in your <javac> task -- the
equivalent from the command line would be:

  cd sql
  javac SQLFormatter.java

which would result in the same error.

Change your <javac> task to be:
      <javac srcdir="src" destdir="${outputDir}"
             includes="sql/SQLFormatter.java>
        <classpath refid="MyProject.path"/>
      </javac>

> I read the ANT documentation.  (Awful, really, really awful.)

Well, Ant -is- an open-source project, so any contributions you want to
make to improve on our "awful, really, really awful" documentation, please
feel free.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)