ant-user mailing list archives

From Bwana McCall <bwanamcc...@yahoo.com>
Subject propertyfile task to calculate yesterday's date
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 21:07:57 GMT
Hi all,

I'm having trouble with the propertyfile task in that I'm trying to calculate
yesterday's date.  I've used the example within the docs and I have a situation
where my entry key for yesterday continues to move 1 day in the past.  For
instance,  I run ant with my build.xml and it updates my ${build_properties}
entry key of yesterday:

yesterday=08 Aug 2002 11\:20

The next time I run the file, it updates the entry again:

yesterday=07 Aug 2002 11\:20

Subsequent runs will keep decreasing this date.  How can I accomplish my task
of storing yesterday relative to today upon each run?

Here is my propertyfile entry

    <propertyfile
       file="${build_properties}"
       comment="Release build properties" >
       <entry key="tstamp" type="date" value="now" pattern="dd MMM yyyy
hh:mm"/>
       <entry key="yesterday" type="date" pattern="dd MMM yyyy hh:mm"
operation="-" value="1" />
    </propertyfile>

Thanks.

=====