ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AW: Setting project name with a property?
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 08:02:16 GMT
--- Nick Pellow <nick.pellow@mindmatics.de> wrote:
> We are currently testing Cruise Control on our projects.
> [...] Problem is that Cruise Control uses the current project name
> as the subject for the emails it sends! So for each project, each email
> has the same project name, that of the wrapper build file.

But it looks like you're in luck (from XMLLogHelper.java, and which
EmailPublisher.java calls to form the Subject line):
  /**
   *  @return project name as defined in the ant build file
   */
    public String getProjectName() throws CruiseControlException {
        return getAntProperty("ant.project.name");
    }

So, define away :)  Just be sure you don't have a 'name' attribute set in
the <project> tag, or your define will be ignored, since Project.java just
sets ant.project.name based on the value for 'name' -- it doesn't check to
see if ant.project.name is already set.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)