ant-user mailing list archives

From Pat <pat.hasz...@clear.net.nz>
Subject Really puzzled
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 10:12:45 GMT
Hi
I have successfully installed Ant on my Windows machine and used it to rebuild
some code I have modified (the Grinder), worked great  :)

Also have now installed Ant on my new Linux (RedHat) machine, however I am a
Linux newbie and am completely stumped as to how to use it   :(
The documentation quite clearly states that after the installation it is as
simple as typing   ant   (in a directory that contains a build.xml)
but there is no unix shell script by the name of   ant
there is ant.bat and that works fine on the Windows machine, and there are
perl and python scripts (runant.pl and runant.py) but as I noted the
documentation is quite explicit,  "type  ant",  and there is no
differentiation based on OS (that I can find), I have even downloaded an
earlier version of ant just in case the shell script had been lost in my
first attempt.

I am sure there is a very simple answer, but I have read the documentation
forward, back and sideways.  My apologies for asking basic linux/unix
questions on this list, but this has me really puzzled as to what I am not
understanding.

Many thanks,
Pat.