ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dowd, Brian" <bd...@lehman.COM>
Subject Dynamic version file generation
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 14:31:19 GMT
HI All,
    I want to do the following with an ant 'release' target (syntax = "ant
release -Dversion=3_1":

Currently it does a clean, build, cvs tag and creates a .tar.gz file upon
release, I want it to also :

   1. dynamically create a file in a specific location called VERSION which
contains the line "3_1"

   2. cvs commit that VERSION file. (already done - trivial)

 In this way a VERSION file specific to the release version is generated and
is part of the version control
 and the tarball.

 I have done this already using an <exec ....>  but there is I suspect a
cleaner (i.e. non-fork/exec) way to
 generate a file dynamically - has anyone any ideas ?

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,
Brian.

named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified
that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
of any transaction, or as an official statement of Lehman Brothers.  Email transmission cannot
be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.  Therefore, we do not represent that this information
is complete or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such.  All information is subject
to change without notice.