ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dowd, Brian" <bd...@lehman.COM>
Subject RE: Dynamic version file generation
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 14:39:42 GMT
Thanks Rolf - thats very easy .

Cheers,
Brian.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rolf F.Katzenberger [mailto:rfkat@gmx.net]
Sent: 01 August 2002 15:37
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Dynamic version file generation

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002 15:31:19 +0100, "Dowd, Brian" <bdowd@lehman.COM>
wrote:

>     I want to do the following with an ant 'release' target (syntax = "ant
> release -Dversion=3_1":
>
> Currently it does a clean, build, cvs tag and creates a .tar.gz file upon
> release, I want it to also :
>
>    1. dynamically create a file in a specific location called VERSION
which
> contains the line "3_1"

<echo message="${version}" file="./mydir/VERSION" />

named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified
that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
of any transaction, or as an official statement of Lehman Brothers.  Email transmission cannot
be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.  Therefore, we do not represent that this information
is complete or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such.  All information is subject
to change without notice.