ant-user mailing list archives

From Joey Reid <>
Subject loadfile target doesn't like "<"
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 20:59:22 GMT

hi, everyone. i am new to this list, so be nice ;-)

i am trying to automate a deployment of my company's software with ant,
but currently i am running into a problem using the loadfile task. i am
running a particular task and recording the output, and then trying to
load that file as a property (using loadfile) so that i can test the
output. it doesn't seem to work - it may be worth noting that the text
contains angle brackets. Is that my problem? and if so, how can i get
around it.

the text is the output from a weblogic.deploy task, it looks like this:

[java] wl_management_internal1 <DEPLOYED>, source:
.\config\mydomain\.wlstaging components: wl_management_internal1
     [java] wl_management_internal2 <DEPLOYED>, source:
.\config\mydomain\.wlstaging components: wl_management_internal2
     [java] DefaultWebApp <DEPLOYED>, source:
.\config\mydomain\applications components: DefaultWebApp
     [java] certificate <DEPLOYED>, source:
.\config\mydomain\applications components: certificate
     [java] Platform <DEPLOYED>, source:
.\config\mydomain\.wlstaging\Platform.ear components:
     [java] console <DEPLOYED>, source: .\config\mydomain\.wlstaging
components: console
     [java] 6 deployments.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>