ant-user mailing list archives

From b.@spamcop.net
Subject Re: nested properties anyone?
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 17:48:26 GMT
Quoting Steve Loughran <steve_l@iseran.com>:

> [...]

Well, I'm not talking Java here. Build.xml is an XML file, I don't really care
which technology is parsing it. Such ugly things are done in Perl and most of
the scripting languages, and if you want to put special char in your sting you
can escape it.

> > 2. What is a work around?
>
> -save all your per system settings in a properties file
> -pick the file name from a property

We have more than 20 possible servers. I think it is much uglier to have 20+ one
line files than a single file with 20 entries. But thank you for a suggestion.