ant-user mailing list archives

From b.@spamcop.net
Subject nested properties anyone?
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 16:58:55 GMT
Problem:
>From the list of the predefined properties key=value select one based on the
value of some other property and use it as a default

Example:
I have a list of servers (hosts.properties), where key is an actual hostname
(obtained from hostname command) and value is a domain, e.g.
host_one=host_one.somewhere.com
host_two=host_two.some.place.else.com
I want to determine on which machine I'm running the script and use a full
domain name further in the script.

Solution?
1. <property file="hosts.properties"/>
2. <exec outputproperty="hostname" executable="hostname"/>
3. Now I have a ${hostname} and I want to assign its value to the property
build.host that I use in my script. My first reaction was to do this:
<property name="build.host" refid="${${hostname}}"/>
Well it didn't work because curleys are evaluated only once and I'm getting the
value of build.host literaly as "${hostname}"
Is there any other way? Any way?
And I think that it would be nice feature to reevaluate the nested brackets

Bob Stone