ant-user mailing list archives

From "Luis N. Polasek" <>
Subject Re: Task to remove a method from .java file
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 20:12:53 GMT
Quoting Erik Hatcher <>:

> This sounds like a pretty crazy thing to want to do, and there are
> certainly better patterns, but.... check out the trick I applied to
> Cactus testing, which got documented on their FAQ:
> <>
> You could have a filtered copy that commented out a section of code if
> desired.  Keep in mind that I do not endorse this type of thing, merely
> letting you know its possible!  :)
> 	Erik

       That approach it´s ok for xml files, but it is difficult to implement in .java source
files, since the commentaries are different you can use "//" to comment a single line, or
"/*"  and "*/" to comment in multiple lines. and another problem in commenting its that you
can have already set a commentari in the method you want to comment out.

        Anyway, thanks for the tip.

                          Best  regards.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>