ant-user mailing list archives

From Jesse Stockall <je...@cryptocard.com>
Subject RE: Build directory
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 18:52:32 GMT
On Mon, 2002-08-05 at 14:26, aaron.steele@attbi.com wrote:
> Thanks, this is a good start, but the real question for
> me was how to integrate that within an overall j2ee
> application.  Individually all the components are pretty
> straight forward, but once you have components that rely
> on each other, i.e. ejb interfaces in the web app, and
> common classes everywhere, my way of doing it doesn't
> seem to make the most sence.

We have the source EJB's, servlets, fat clients, stand-alone servers and
utility classes in the same tree. All is the other files are kept under
a resource tree.

src/
   com/
      company/
             ejb/
		bean1/
                bean2/
             web/
                servlet1/
                servlet2/
             utilities/
             server1/
             server2/
             client1/
             client2/

resources/
         properties/
         deployment/
         dtds/
         scripts/
         jsp/
         images/

At build time everything is compiled or copied to a staging area under
"build"

build/
     classes/
     lib/
     bean1/
     bean2/
     webapp1/
            web-inf/
            lib/
     webapp2/
            web-inf/
            lib/
     dist/

and then jar'd / war'd / ear'd / zip'd / tar'd under "build/dist"

I use a modified version of the Genjar task to generate the class
structure based on dependencies. I can post it if you like.

Jesse

--
 Jesse Stockall			|	Tel: 1+ 613.599.2441 ext. 243
 CRYPTOCard Corporation		|	Fax: 1+ 613.599.2442