ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bridges,Edward" <edward.brid...@gartner.com>
Subject RE: Build directory
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 18:37:32 GMT

an approach we're using on our current project is as follows:

src/com/foo/project-name/model   #  all entity bean & DAO related code
                        /task    #  all session bean related code
                        /util    #  files shared by the other code
                        /web     #  web application files

model and task have (besides the actual entities and sessions) their own util directory that
contain domain-specific stuff (for example, model/util has a DBUtility class, since all database
access is only happening from within that package).

everything under /model and /task gets placed into an ejb-jar file.
everything under /util (and other top-level packages, like i18n, etc) gets placed in common.jar
everything under /web ends up getting placed in a .war file

these 3 archives are then placed in a .ear file with 3rd party libraries.  the ejb-jar file
has a manifest which specifies the common.jar and 3rd party libraries.

that seems to do the trick.

HTH
--e--

-----Original Message-----
From: aaron.steele@attbi.com [mailto:aaron.steele@attbi.com]
Sent: Monday, August 05, 2002 2:27 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: Build directory

Thanks, this is a good start, but the real question for
me was how to integrate that within an overall j2ee
application.  Individually all the components are pretty
straight forward, but once you have components that rely
on each other, i.e. ejb interfaces in the web app, and
common classes everywhere, my way of doing it doesn't
seem to make the most sence.

Aaron Steele