ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ritesh Trivedi" <rit...@embracenetworks.com>
Subject Re: Build Javadocs on subset of src directory
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 18:00:40 GMT

> The most common way, I would think, to suppress the
> generation of Javadocs for inner classes is with
> access specifiers on the classes themselves and at
> generation time with Javadoc.

Valid point, but its just part of the problem, the other part is its
generating javadocs for the classes which I dont ask it to!
But there are a few points against changing the access specifiers

- Usually ppl dont want to change the java source files just becoz javadocs
needs to be generated! atleast thats the mentality I have found in ppl. This
is a problem especially if I am not the author of the class
- Another even greater reason is the inner class might be public to be used
by internal system classes but not necessarily explosed to the
Customers/Developers through the javadoc

I can deal with inner class issue, but what I am more concerned about it
those extra classes that get documented even if I havent asked for it in the
first place.