ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ritesh Trivedi" <rit...@embracenetworks.com>
Subject Build Javadocs on subset of src directory
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 17:46:09 GMT
Hi,

I have tried looking at the mailing list since past 24 hrs to find answer to this, but no
success. Sorry for the bandwidth ahead of time.

I have a situation where I need to generate javadocs for the subset of the source directory
which contains java source files which should be exposed via Javadocs.

What I do currently is, I copy only those files which I want javadocs generated for to a temp
directory and call javadocs task from my build.xml on that temp source directory. But the
problem with this approach is, its generating javadocs for files that I didnt ask it to!!
I think its picking those extra classes up from the classpath!! On top of that its generating
javadocs for the innner classes too! which I dont want.

Another thing I tried was to put a fileset inside the javadoc task and exclude the files which
I dont want, still its generating more files than I ask it to!

Does anyone know a better way of doing this?

Thanks

Ritesh

Ritesh Trivedi
Embrace Networks