ant-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Baker" <m...@scmlabs.com>
Subject Building Multiple Projects with one build.xml
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2002 14:24:08 GMT
Hi everybody.

I have many Java projects with many separated build.xmls.  I would like to create a template
build.xml that uses a property file for necessary properties.

My question.  Is it possible to call the jar task many times based on a set of properties?
 I would like to be able to build all of my Java projects with one build.xml and one property
file.  I am familiar with setting up the property file, but not sure what to do in build.xml
(I only want to have one javac task, jar task, etc).

In a scripting language I would:

for each property (in jar section of file)
   create jar
next

Is this possible in Ant?

Thanks for any help.