ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <>
Subject Re: nested properties anyone?
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 19:48:28 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <>
To: "Ant Users List" <>
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 10:48 AM
Subject: Re: nested properties anyone?

> Quoting Steve Loughran <>:

> > > 2. What is a work around?
> >
> > -save all your per system settings in a properties file
> > -pick the file name from a property

> We have more than 20 possible servers. I think it is much uglier to have
20+ one
> line files than a single file with 20 entries. But thank you for a

Once you have >1 property per server, the separate file approach is pretty

imagine have a per server file containing:

-options for controlling web.xml items
-flags as to which version of servlet api you use
-name of j2ee server
-information used for an automated deployment (ftp host, user, password,

This stuff works very well with separate property files, not least because
sensitive deployment systems dont need to have their config kept under SCM,
you just keep it in a well protected file on one or two systems that
operations run, not development.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message