ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Unsubscribing
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2002 00:46:12 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <quikdraw@metronet.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 4:37 PM
Subject: Re: Unsubscribing

> Steve Loughran wrote:
>
> > are you sure you are using the same email address you subscribed on, and
not
> > some other alias?
>
> I can't speak for Andrew, but I've had the same Email for about 10 years
now,
> so the answer is a definite YES. I've tried from several Email clients,
multiple

> times, multiple days for over a week and half. No Emails were replied to
and
> none bounced.
>
> I've also sent a request to what is listed as the list owner,
ant-user-owner,
> but
> no response as of yet.
>
> Is anyone with list maintainer privileges listening?

that is a good q. no, I dont know of a maintainer, but will check around.

There is actually a brute force trick of taking your alias off line for a
day or so and the mail system will notice and send you a probe message; if
that fails you are deemed dead and unsubscribed. That is kind of excessive,
but I wonder if you could simulate it with the appropriate error message to
the mailer daemon.