ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: JSPC task
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 16:44:48 GMT
try using the latest (tomcat4.1 beta) version of Jasper - I hear that does
the renaming differently. We will be looking at <jspc> in the next few days
to try and get it working better with that version of jasper only in time
for Ant1.5.1

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sean LeBlanc" <sean@nutros.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 8:10 AM
Subject: JSPC task

Hi, I'm trying to get the jspc task to work. However, I'm having a few
issues:

1. The name of the .java (and resulting .class) file is not the same as what
gets generated during runtime. If I *don't* precompile, I get files in
{tomhome}/work/Standalone/localhost/{my_app_name}/. The files are of the
form: {pagename}$jsp.java and {pagename}$.jsp.class. However, the jspc task
creates them as just {pagename}.java. So even if the .class is made, Tomcat
isn't using it.

2. I get all sort of compilation errors when I try to compile. Here is what
the relevant part of my ant file looks like:

<jspc
srcdir="${tomhome}/webapps/Nutros/home"
destdir="${tomhome}/work/Standalone/localhost/Nutros_home"
failonerror = "no">

<include name="**/*.jsp" />
<webapp basedir="${tomhome}/webapps/Nutros/home"/>
</jspc>

<javac
   srcdir="${tomhome}/work/Standalone/localhost/Nutros_home"
destdir="${tomhome}/work/Standalone/localhost/Nutros_home"
classpath = "${classpath};${build}"
debug="on" />

Many of the errors seem to stem from variables declared in a "parent" page
and used in a "child" page. Any ideas on this one?

TIA,

--
Sean LeBlanc - Nutros.com
Random fortune/quote: