ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Task to remove a method from .java file
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 16:32:09 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Luis N. Polasek" <lpolasek@sichile.cl>
To: "Ant Users List" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 1:12 PM
Subject: Re: Task to remove a method from .java file

> Quoting Erik Hatcher <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com>:
>
> > This sounds like a pretty crazy thing to want to do, and there are
> > certainly better patterns, but.... check out the trick I applied to
> > Cactus testing, which got documented on their FAQ:
> >
> > <http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/faq.html#faq2>
> >
> > You could have a filtered copy that commented out a section of code if
> > desired.  Keep in mind that I do not endorse this type of thing, merely
> > letting you know its possible!  :)
> >
> > Erik
>
>        That approach it´s ok for xml files, but it is difficult to
implement in .java source files, since the commentaries are different you
can use "//" to comment a single line, or "/*"  and "*/" to comment in
multiple lines. and another problem in commenting its that you can have
already set a commentari in the method you want to comment out.

that's a flaw in Java then, that you cant nest comments. In standard ML you
can:

(* comment (* sub comment *) first comment *)

which leads to a different set of issues.